Saturday, August 8, 2015

Birthday Bob

Hello High Hopes Fans

Saturday is finally here, and it's time to share another one of my cards with you!
Lisa
 
This is Birthday Bob (T080).  Bob makes me laugh as he seems soooo excited it's his birthday!!! 
 
For today's card, I thought I would try something new with my colouring.  I have mostly used Copic markers up until this time. This is my first attempt using Tombow markers and water.  I really enjoyed using them!  So hopefully, this may encourage you to try a new technique or two on your cards!
 
I started by applying Versamark Ink to my stamp, then sprinkled some Black Embossing Powder on the stamped image, and heated it.  The colours of Tombow Markers I used on Bob were:  N55, N75, 555, 850, 098, 942, 055, 452, 491, and 925.  Once the image was all coloured and dry, some SU Pumpkin Pie ink was lightly sponged around the edges.  Yellow stickles were added to the flames of the candles and Glossy Accents was applied to the balloon to make the card sparkly and shiny.  I then die cut an orange piece of cardstock using a Spellbinders die called Curved Rectangles to layer the image.  Foam tape was applied to pop out the layered image for some added dimension on this card.  The designer paper is from Simple Stories - So Rad 6x6 Paper Pad, along with some Orange & White cardstock.  An orange ribbon was also added to the left of the image to complete this card.

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!
 
******
If you are in need of a High Hopes stamp, check out these stores:
Lacey Stephens - Stamp and Create based out of the US
One Crazy Stamper based out of Canada

No comments: