Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tuesday, Feb 24th

Hello High Hopes Fans!

You can find the February Monthly Challenge here
The challenge runs through Monday, March 2nd. 

Today Kristine and Cheri are here to share their creations for your inspiration...


For this weeks card I had a little fun using the paper piecing technique on Part Time Gardener,

I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black dye ink and colored it with Copic Markers.
The flower is a Gardenia from pizzazzaplenty.

I did a Paper Piecing Tutorial for High Hopes a few years ago.  You can check that out if you want to learn more about this technique or check out my blog for some more pics of how I made this card.


******
Ok, I'm sick of winter!! It's been so cold here -20 or lower lately brrr. So I was thinking spring when I made this card using the adorable Ally Rose and the Springtime Joy Script sentiment. High Hopes has a Farm Fence stamp that would work perfectly as well.


 Ally Rose is coloured using Copic markers and I added some clear Wink of Stella glitter pen to anything that is pink. Lots of die cut shapes and layering, a few butterflies and my design is complete!

Thanks for stopping by today to see what Kristine and I designed!

Dina Gerner our Designer has joined us again this week with a wonderful canvas project to show you.  Stamps aren't just for cards or scrapbook pages...you can use them for your Mixed Media projects too!
Directions:
For the canvas, I primed a 6x6 gallery wrapped canvas with white gesso. This size canvas works really well with the image. I let it dry completely and then added acrylic paint in hues of blues and greens for the background.
I then added some polka dots with texture paint and let it dry completely.I punched several paper flowers out of newspaper print, painted with a light acrylic wash of pink, orange and white and dotted their centers with various colors of Gumdrops from One Crazy Stamper. LOVE the Gumdrops! They are so versatile!
Stamped "Part Time Gardener" and painted her with watercolors and afixed her along with the paper flowers and the sentiment, that I printed and cut, to my canvas.
For the finishing touches, I painted extra flowers and vines, and added some three dimensional paper flowers to the bottom corner and just a few dark outlines to make the image pop.
Don't forget to join in on the February Challenge!!

If you are in need of a High Hopes stamp, check out these stores:
Lacey Stephens - Stamp and Create based out of the US
Nikki Fairbairn - Bunny Zoe's Crafts based out of the UK/Europe
One Crazy Stamper based out of Canada

1 comment:

Carolina F. said...

Beautiful cards, and awesome canvas!