Thursday, July 5, 2012

A warm welcome to the new Divas

Hello High Hopes Fans!!

You can find the current challenge here.
And our most recent tutorial here.

I am sorry that it has taken so long to announce the new members of the High Hopes Design Team. There were sooo many wonderful applicants and it really was hard to decide. Then I was out of town for a week and wasn't able to announce the team before I left. 

But now I'm back and it's time to announce the new Divas...


Michelle O

Howdy from South Texas! My name is Michelle Oatman; many know me as "MichelleO" or the Donkey Smiles lady. I have been very happily married for almost 25 years to my best friend who is supportive of my obsession of crafting. We live in the country where we raise Miniature Donkeys, Dwarf Nigerian Goats and Toy Australian Shepherds. They are all my children, and are all spoiled rotten.
My crafting goes back to my childhood, days spent with my Grandma and then as I grew up watching my Dad, a professional graphic artist.  I dreamt of the day I could own my own grown-up markers. That may be why I adore my Copics so much.
Recently I lost my right eye to an accident. It has taught me a lot about myself, and the people around me. The support from everyone, both close to me and across blogging land,  has made me a stronger person. And while learning to deal with my new  vision I have learned to appreciate my crafting even more.
I am blessed in so many ways - my husband, my family and friends. The life I live on the farm with so many animals. A job that is a true joy and to have found a hobby that give me so much happiness. 


Here is a recent card Michelle created using the adorable Norman Goat...

************

Aaemie

Hi everyone! I'm Aaemie, I have a wonderful hubby who supports my love of craft, two lovely children a two and a half year old daughter and a one year old son.  I've been a crafty person for as long as I remember, but began stamping and making cards about 5 years ago. I attribute my love of colouring to the endless days that I spent with my Nanny colouring in Barbie books with pencil crayons. I love my copics and have a little obsession with pattern paper and have a hard time limiting myself with embellishments. Most of all I'm so very excited to be a High Hopes Diva! 

Here is a fun card Aaemie created using the new Cat Trio...

**************

And last but not least, the former High Hopes Guest Diva...
Lynne in NI

I live in beautiful County Antrim in Northern Ireland with my partner Greg and our pooch, Ruby. I've been making cards for about 7 years - one my first investments was a High Hopes stamp and I've been hooked ever since! I've always loved playing along with the challenges here, so I'm absolutely thrilled to be joining the Divas!

And here is Lynne's latest High Hopes card using Spoutin' Off...

Please give a warm welcome to these wonderful ladies!

And we would like to say thank you to all of the fabulous entries to the Design Team Call. We wish we could have had everyone on the team, but unfortunately we could only choose 3.

4 comments:

Carol Dee said...

You are all WONDERFUL, Michelle O. Hello (I love your blog anad am delighted to see you here. ) :) Hugs...

Heide said...

Congrats to the new team!

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Welcome to the High Hopes family, ladies!! Happy stamping!! -Anna.

Kristine Reynolds said...

Welcome to the team ladies!!!